Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hair and Grocery Stores

This hair...oh, this hair...I wish it came from my gene pool.
Isn't it just gorgeous?

She's wondering if she'll have that hair one day...

And see this...this is actually Camden's jail...

See her trying to escape...

So, my middle child, Camden, had this issue when we first moved to Athens a year and a half ago.  She started pulling out her hair and eating it.  But, she never did it unless she was in her bed, so I never really saw her do it.  But, I would find the hair all over her bed, and in her mouth, and in her...poop...no joke people.  It was quite disgusting, actually.  I was really worried about her, though.  I took her to the doctor.  She got all sorts of blood work done.  But they couldn't find anything out of the norm.  Looking back, I think it was her 15 month old way of dealing with the stress of moving.  Well, it got so bad, that I had to cut all her beautiful hair off into a pixie cut (which was actually pretty cute), but it broke my heart.  But, she quit pulling her hair out because she couldn't get a grip on it.  And a year and a half later, her hair has come back even more beautiful!  I dream about one day having hair like hers. 
But, my beautiful haired middle child is also a crazy woman that likes to run away from me in all sorts of public places....like grocery stores.  And we're not talking about just down the aisles.  I'm talking about through the aisles and out the front doors into the road.  Or through the parking lot when we get out of the van.  It's a serious issue.  I honestly pray for her daily that she will not get seriously hurt or get killed before her 3rd birthday....seriously, its on the prayer card I have for her.  So, I put her in her jail cell in the cart.  It makes her sad, and makes her scream a lot...which is fun.  But, a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do.  Just thought I'd give a little glimpse into the reality of raising a 2 year old WILD CHILD...with really beautiful hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment