Friday, February 4, 2011

Knitting Class

We had to pick our skeins of yarn first...I had to ask what a skein was...its what you see in the pic.

And this is the color I picked....calming color, isn't it.  I need some calmness in my life these days.

And this is after I had cast on and done 30 stitches, and then starting knitting...aka, using two needles.

And this is what I made...

And this...

So I lied about the other two, but this is really what I made.

This is what I had after two hours...slow and steady wins the race, right?
So, the knitting class was fabulous.  There were six of us learning how to knit, and one really great teacher.  We learned how to cast on, and then how to actually knit.  Honestly, it was weird trying to get my fingers to do what she was showing us to do.  But, once I got it I felt a lot more confident and it felt more natural.  My creative outlet was met, I met some really sweet ladies (and one 15 year old who received this class as her birthday present...very impressed with her), and my handsome hubby put the girls to bed all by himself.  All in all, I had a fantastic night.  My heart is full.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...at first I thought "she is a natural" and "her teacher is Amazing", my next thought was "there is NO hope for me"...until I scrolled down further. You still are a natural, you still must have a great teacher and there still may be hope for me yet to one day learn to knit! :-)
    I love your humor and I love you dearly!
    Blessings,
    Darby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to knit!! Love the color you chose! Can't wait to see what you make:)

    ReplyDelete