Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Guess who's learning to read?

I love this kiddo...

I love to see the light in her eyes as she's learning...

I'm overwhelmed with pride watching her learn...

And she's so proud of herself...

I love to watch her love life and all its learning processes...


I have loved watching Sophie Grace this past school year and how much she is soaking in.  And its not just from preschool and learning her letters, how to write, and how to read.  I have loved watching her soak up the Gospel and what it means in her little mind of why Jesus died on the cross.  Now, a lot of the time, when she does wrong...aka, throw a temper tantrum, lie, hit her sisters, talk back to us...which she does a WHOLE LOT OF...its so neat to hear the words come out of her mouth that she is sorry.  And its so neat to walk through the process with her about when she does wrong, its sin, and that's why Jesus died for us.  He came, died, and rose again in order to pay the penalty for our sin nature.  Her eyes get really big, and her childlike faith is starting to kick in.  And, when I throw a temper tantrum, yell, and I'm mean to my kiddos, Sophie Grace ALWAYS reminds me that I'm sinning and that I need to ask for forgiveness...I'm continually put in my place.  It's good for me...and I really do think its good for her to hear me ask her for forgiveness when I do wrong.  It reminds me to rest in the Gospel, because I sure cannot do it on my own.  And, that's the constant struggle, isn't it?  I want to fix my sin nature, but I can't.  Hence, the Gospel....truly thankful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment